Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hot off the presses...

Tristan managed to convey the urgency of the need for QAing, and I rose to the clarion call, all the way from an achy and painy Thursday (if you're in NY, and you sign up at the NYHRC (use my infinite guess passes!), do *not* let a guy called Christophe bully you into decommissioning *every single muscle* in your arms. He'll laugh at you as you struggle through, but it's not funny AT ALL the next morning. Or the one after that.) But yes, that is how much I love you guys. Mucho. :-)

But unfortunately, I don't have much more time left in the office, so I'll make this quick and bullet point like. If it's not clear, get in touch, and I'll re-edit this after I get home tonight.

1) Clicking close on the panel after selecting my first link.

So, while your first link is processing, you wait for the screen to refresh, and panel says, you can click close if you're done.

Well, if you do, you get all manner of problems.

But most of all, you aren't set free of linking, after the window goes, is shows up again, bug ridden. Mainly, it pretends like I wanted to link to another piece of media, but the search doesn't work. You'll see what I mean from the pictures.

(OK, now I also have to pee, up the wpm by 20)

2) Once, after double-clicking a bit of text ('ham', in this case), the search panel came up 'unsearched'. The text in the link field at the top was duly filled with the word 'ham', just that it required me to click search first to get results. This problem did not happen on the second try.

wierd thing after closing: after wanting to close the linker panel before getting the choise to link, I got the bug. The search doesn't work.

3) (ps: the tab images on the right after the search text box aren't imformative enough... i.e., no one knows what they'll do until you click on them, and a lot of people are scared about clicking weird buttons)

4) The picture says it all, but there was a bug concerning the dark-out of the page. It probably has something to do with the scroller.

5) Initially, I can't make the blog heading-title apture linkable, but I can trick Apture into doing so. By trying to link the text under it (which works), and then trying again.

Some (of the many) things I liked:

Like the welcoming panel after adding a link. Very sexy.

Also, like that you fit entire sections of wiki articles into a panel.

Here's a link to all the pictures:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jzww3y

Hrs: 4 - 5:45

No comments: